Care When You Need it Most
Emergency Dentistry in Pearland
Dental emergencies are never convenient and they can be extremely painful. At Sea Lotus Dentistry, we are prepared at all times to treat dental emergencies. We always want to ensure the best outcome for our patients, so we keep emergency slots available to make room for critical care. Call us immediately if you’re experiencing an emergency and let us know that you’re on your way. You can contact our Pearland dental team at (832) 930-7755.
Know the Signs
What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Oral injuries and accidents resulting in loose or knocked-out teeth are the most common form of dental emergencies. Other emergencies include damage to the soft tissues of the mouth, like lacerations on the gums, lips and tongue. Even issues like a persistent toothache, which could indicate an infected tooth, count as a dental emergency. If you’re not sure whether your condition counts as a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to call us and ask! Generally, we consider a dental emergency to be any oral condition that is causing you pain that you cannot treat on your own. Come in immediately if your situation meets these criteria.
Before an Emergency Visit
What to Do During A Dental Emergency
- If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, the first thing you should do is call Sea Lotus Dentistry to let us know you’ll be coming in.
- If your tooth has been knocked-out, rinse it off with warm water and replace it in the socket or put it in a small container with cold milk.
- Dental work (crowns, fillings, etc.) that has fallen out should also be placed in a container and brought with you to your appointment.
- If bleeding is present, address it using gauze or clean cotton balls. Bleeding should slow within an hour.
- Pain and discomfort can be treated with an NSAID like naproxen (Aleve) or acetaminophen (Tylenol). External ice packs can also be used to treat swelling and discomfort.
- Once you’ve treated the symptoms of your condition, come see Dr. Doan as soon as possible for professional dental treatment.
When to Get Immediate Care
What Counts as a Dental Emergency?
- Loose or knocked-out teeth – If your tooth is loose due to an oral injury or you have had a tooth knocked out in an accident, it’s important to get help right away. In most cases, your tooth must be replaced and splinted within 1-2 hours to save it. If you don’t get treatment in time, your body may reject your tooth when we attempt to replace it.
- Toothaches – A toothache can indicate a number of different problems, such as a cavity, severe grinding, or even an infected tooth. If your toothache persists for more than a day or two, come in for emergency care to diagnose its cause and get treatment.
- Chipped or damaged teeth – Even a minor chip or crack in your tooth can lead to serious complications. If your enamel and dentin are breached, the vulnerable pulp inside of your tooth can become infected, causing a toothache and requiring treatment with a root canal.
- Tooth intrusion – (tooth driven back into socket) – If your tooth is driven back into its socket, come in for immediate treatment to shift it back to the proper position. If you wait to get this treatment, your tooth may require an extraction down the road.
- Loose fillings or crowns – Loose dental work is a serious oral emergency because a loose filling or crown can expose weak, vulnerable enamel to oral bacteria, resulting in further tooth decay.
- Infected/abscessed tooth – If you are experiencing a serious toothache, swelling around your tooth, and sensitivity to pressure or hot and cold temperatures, you may have an infected tooth. Come in to see if a root canal is right for you and to eliminate your pain and discomfort.
- Serious gum or facial swelling – If your gums and/or face are swelling, this could indicate a serious dental infection. If this swelling is interfering with your ability to breathe or swallow, you should consider visiting the emergency room.
The Price oF Emergency Care
How MUch Does Emergency Dental Care Cost?
The cost of an emergency dental treatment can vary widely, depending on your condition and how soon you get treatment. Without assessing your condition, it’s difficult to provide you with a cost estimate. But you should never let the cost of emergency treatment discourage you from getting care. We offer flexible payment plans at Sea Lotus Dentistry, and we always do our best to keep emergency treatments affordable so that you can get relief from your pain and discomfort.
Get Help Fast
We offer Same-Day dental Appointments In Pearland
We always have space available for same-day emergency appointments. If you can, we ask that you call ahead at (832) 930-7755. This allows Dr. Doan to assess your situation over the phone and prepare for your treatment before you arrive. However, we know this isn’t always possible, and you can also simply walk into our office in the case of an emergency, and we will treat you as soon as possible. We are located at 3422 Business Center Drive, Suite 116, Pearland, Texas 77584.