Replace Missing Teeth
Dental Implants in Pearland
Before dental implants, dentures were the only option for replacing a patient’s missing teeth. Implants have revolutionized dentistry and have given patients suffering from tooth loss the option to permanently replace missing teeth with dental prosthetics that look and feel natural. Dental implants are small, rod-shaped pieces of titanium that are surgically implanted into your jaw and gum tissue. They are meant to function as an artificial tooth root.
For Multiple Missing Teeth
Full Arch Restorations
If most or all of your teeth are missing due to decay, gum disease, or an oral injury, full arch restorations may be the right solution for you. With this replacement option, Dr. Doan can restore your smile using a minimal amount of dental implants to support dentures or fixed bridges. During your consultation, Dr. Doan will assess your situation, offer honest advice, and work with you to decide whether a full arch restoration is right for you.
How It Works
The Placement & Restoration Process
We know that the implant process can be intimidating, and that’s why we want to keep our patients informed every step of the way. At Sea Lotus Dentistry, you can rest assured that we’ll always communicate effectively about your entire procedure. Though every implant treatment is personalized and planned according to your unique needs, each placement consists of certain steps:
- When you arrive for your first appointment, Dr. Doan will make sure that you are comfortable and provide sedation to ensure that your procedure is as painless as possible.
- Your mouth will be cleaned and numbed, and Dr. Doan will make a small incision in your gum where the implant will be placed.
- Your dental implant will be placed precisely to ensure than it mimics a natural tooth root once it heals.
- Your gums will be sutured shut, and we will give you instructions to ensure that your healing process goes smoothly.
- Once your gums heal and your dental implant goes through a process called “osseointegration”, Dr. Doan will permanently attach your restoration (a dental crown, fixed bridge, or dentures).
A new tooth in one appointment
Mini implants are about half the size of a standard dental implant and can usually be placed in just a single appointment. This means that patients with missing teeth can restore their smiles quickly without a long healing process. Mini implants may not be right for every patient, so schedule your consultation with Dr. Doan today to learn more and see whether this option will work for you!