We See Kids Of All Ages
Pediatric Dentistry in Pearland
Every family should have a trusted children's dentist as a resource to help maintain a child’s smile and answer questions related to oral health and development. If you’re looking for a pediatric dentist in Pearland, Dr. Doan and our team at Sea Lotus Dentistry would feel honored to be a part of your family’s journey. As an experienced family dentist, Dr. Doan works with patients of all ages, from infants to teenagers, and she will help your little ones develop positive oral health and hygiene habits that will last a lifetime.
What to Expect
Your Child’s First Appointment
According to the American Dental Association, you should bring your child to the dentist for the first time when their first tooth erupts or when they turn one year old, whichever comes first. The specifics of your first appointment may vary based on the age of your child. Infants and very young toddlers will receive a basic oral exam and inspection of any erupted teeth to ensure that their mouths and teeth are developing properly. Dr. Doan will answer any questions you may have about your child’s dental health.
If your child is older and already has most or all of their baby teeth, we’ll perform a cleaning and a full oral exam. We may even recommend x-rays, depending on what Dr. Doan notices during the exam. If it’s your child’s first visit at Sea Lotus Dentistry, we offer a $69 New Patient Special. Give us a call to book your child’s first visit with Dr. Doan!
Finding a Dental Home
Fostering a Doctor/Patient Relationship
Forming a relationship with a family dentist like Dr. Doan is an essential part of your child’s oral health and development, and a positive experience with a pediatric dentist can inform their lifelong oral hygiene habits. Bringing your kids to see a dentist early and often will ensure that they feel comfortable at a dentist’s office, which minimizes the risk of developing dental anxiety in the future. Seeing Dr. Doan every six months will also help our team track your child’s oral development properly. Dr. Doan will become familiar with you and your child, and she will be able to provide better treatment based on your child’s unique oral care needs.
Protecting Your Child’s Oral Health
How to Care for Young Teeth
In between routine visits at Sea Lotus Dentistry, these are a few things you can do to ensure healthy habits at home:
- Start brushing your child’s teeth with a soft-bristled baby brush and water as soon as their first tooth emerges.
- Children 2 years and older should have their teeth brushed using a very small amount of fluoride toothpaste, about the size of a grain of rice. Older children aged 3-6 can use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Brush your child’s teeth 2-3 times a day. In most cases, your kids can start brushing their own teeth around the age of 6.
- Supervise your children when they start brushing on their own to ensure that they are using proper technique.
- Floss your child’s teeth once per day until they can floss on their own, usually around the age of 10.